SONY MUSIC ARTISTS ROCK THE HOUSE AT PREMIOS JUVENTUD 2009!
Marc Anthony was honored with a special award
Alexis & Fido, La Quinta Estación, Da’Zoo and Playa Limbo
stood out from a star-studded night on the Univisión awards show!
Kany García appeared as a presenter showing her new look.
For its sixth consecutive year, the Univisión TV network’s Premios Juventud awards show dazzled and razzled audiences with some of the hottest acts in the Latin music industry today. And no doubt, among the evening’s most memorable performances, were those by Sony artists.
The show had a special moment when Marc Anthony received an award in recognition of his talents as a singer, songwriter, actor and producer. The award for “Icon of the World” was handed to him by Olga Tanon.
Alexis & Fido, Da’Zoo and Playa Limbo captured the hearts of the audience congregated at the University of Miami’s Bank United Center in Coral Gables and had everyone dancing. The show, which aired live on Thursday, July 16, celebrated some of the hottest names in music, film, sports, fashion and pop culture.
– Puerto Rican Urban music stars Alexis & Fido (Raúl Alexis Ortiz and Joel Martínez) got things going with their latest hit Ojos que no ven, an irresistible dance and rap track from their fourth and newest album, Down to Earth.
– Spanish pop sensation La Quinta Estación (vocalist Natalia Jiménez and guitar player Ángel Reyero), and Latin music icon Marc Anthony electrified everyone with their rendition of the song Recuérdame, from La Quinta’s latest CD, Sin Frenos. An impeccably dressed (as usual), sexy and radiant Natalia, and an emotive Marc, in perfect tune with Natalia, showed their true mastery of the stage with every note and move.
– Da’Zoo, a Puerto Rican quartet of rising stars and eclectic sounds – Charly Rodríguez “Charly Zo”, Freddie Lugo “Yo-Fred”, Raúl Quezada “Raggi” and Elizabeth Fuentes “Eli-Joe” – wowed music fans hungry for something different with the song Chitu, which has acquired quite a following thanks to its animated videoclip.
– On the blue carpet, before the show started, Mexican quartet Playa Limbo had the fans dancing with the tune Un gancho al corazón, theme of the soap opera of the same name.
– And Puerto Rican singer and songwriter Kany García presented an award and showed off her fresh new look!
For more information on Alexis & Fido, La Quinta Estación, Da’Zoo and Kany Garcia, please visit the following websites: